Many people know Moline Centre as a geographic location - a historic downtown business district offering arts & entertainment, dining and nightlife, hotels, shopping and services, and urban living. However, Moline Centre is also a program – the Moline Centre Program - and all businesses in this historic, vibrant, downtown business district can be part of the Moline Centre Program.
There is no out-of-pocket cost to participate in the Moline Centre Program – all merchants (property and business owners) within the program area can participate. See the Moline Centre Program Map HERE.
The Moline Centre Program is administered by Renew Moline, in coordination with the City of Moline and the Moline Centre Main Street Commission (MSC).
The purposes and goals include:
- Stimulate downtown Moline Centre revitalization by encouraging cooperation and building leadership in the business community
- Create a positive image for downtown Moline Centre by promoting the downtown as an exciting place to visit, dine, shop, live, and invest
- Improve and enhance the physical appearance of downtown Moline Centre
- Promote community development through planning and programming
- Improve communication and processes between the City and businesses
- Increase awareness of downtown Moline
- Create a business base that supports and complements one another
- Promote Moline Centre through marketing, public relations, and communications strategies
- Offer Moline Centre Main Street Program resources in coordination with the City of Moline, including information and referrals for grants and economic development programs
- Support your downtown business and coordinate Moline Centre marketing
- Engage your business in Moline Centre seasonal and pop-up events, including the Bass Street Summer Concert Series, Holiday Hop, Lighting of the Commons, sip & shops, and more
- Serve as a liaison to the City on behalf of your business in Moline Centre district
For more information about the Moline Centre Program, contact Kirk Marske, Moline Centre Program Manager – email@example.com, (309) 762-9190